Friday, August 5, 2011

Challenge yourself. Change the world.

A few days ago, there were a ton of chickens crammed into a chicken wire cage. Whenever one of them moved, they all moved, and a few of them were definitely getting bullied. Yesterday, the chickens got a little more room to move around in because there was a wedding this morning. We got to watch the women at our hotel plucking feathers off of buckets of dead chickens. Unfortunately, there are still a few chickens in the cage, and they smell rank. Trust me, they smell better dead. Also unfortunate: the cage is right next to where we wash laundry. Let me tell you, you have not suffered through laundry until you have washed your clothes next to a cage of chickens.

May (my roommate) and I always wash laundry together. We call it our team building. It's usually fun, but today May recalled the slogan printed on the back of our shirts here: "Challenge yourself. Change the world." She was dying with the smell of these chickens. It was hilarious. After about 3 minutes, I heard, "'Challenge yourself. Change the world.' Ugh, I only wanted to change the status of my laundry, but it's impossible with these chickens!"

No comments:

Post a Comment